So you got a brand new Apple TV 4K, and now that you’re done setting up the basics, you might be looking to get some of your favourite apps. Well, it’s really quite easy to add apps in Apple TV, and there are many ways that you can install apps, and even rearrange apps on the Apple TV 4K easily. So, whether you’re looking to play some amazing Apple TV games, or install your favourite streaming services like Netflix, here is how to add apps in Apple TV.
Install Apps in Apple TV (tvOS) in 2022
Whether you’re trying to find and install a new app, re-download a previously used app, or rearrange your tvOS home screen to look the way you want it to, we will be covering all of it in this guide. As always, you can use the table of contents below to skip ahead to any section that you want to learn about.
How to Add Apps in Apple TV
First, let’s take a look at how to install new (and previously used) apps on your Apple TV. We will take a look at downloading new apps, and re-downloading apps on Apple TV.
Install New Apps on Apple TV
- On your Apple TV, open the App Store.
- Here, you can check out the best apps according to Apple in the ‘Discover’ tab, or head over to any of the other tabs to see apps, games, Apple Arcade games for Apple TV, and more.
- Head over to the ‘Search’ icon in the Apple TV.
- You can now type to search the app you want, or press and hold the ‘mic’ icon in the Apple TV remote to dictate the app you are searching for. In this example, we will search and install ‘Just Watch’.
- Once you’ve typed (or spoken) the name of the app, select it from the results below.
- Press the middle button on the remote to open the app’s App Store page, and then click on the ‘Get’ button. In case it’s an app you’ve previously downloaded, you will see the re-download icon instead (cloud with a down arrow icon).
Note: Your Apple TV might ask you to confirm your Apple ID password before downloading the app. You can use your iPhone to enter the password easily. You can also use your iPhone to control your Apple TV as well.
How to Re-download Apps
If you’ve previously bought, or downloaded an app on your Apple TV 4K and deleted it later, you can still get to it pretty easily. Here’s how you can re-download apps in tvOS 15, by searching for them, or by finding all the purchased apps you’ve used on your Apple TV.
Re-download apps by searching
- Open the App Store, and head to the search tab.
- Here, search for the app you want to download again. For this example, I will be reinstalling the Prime Video app.
- Open the app’s App Store page, and you will see the re-download icon as shown in the screenshot below. Simply click on this icon to reinstall the app on your Apple TV.
Find purchased apps in the App Store
If you don’t remember the name of the app you want to reinstall, you can find all your previously used,…
Read Full Story At: Beebom.