The firm of businessman and actor Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra had a tie-up with a London-based company that was involved in streaming pornographic content through a mobile app, Mumbai police said on Tuesday.
Addressing a press conference, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime), Milind Bharambe said Raj Kundra and his brother-in-law Pradeep Bakshi are the alleged masterminds of an international porn films racket perpetrated through their content production companies based in India and the United Kingdom. The Joint Commissioner of Police said that all the pornographic content was being uploaded on a mobile application named “Hotshots”, which was owned by the London-based company.” Bharambe also said, “Crime Branch Mumbai this February registered a case related to pornographic films. New actors were promised roles in web series and short stories and they were asked to do bold and nude scenes in auditions. Female actors opposed this and approached the Crime Branch based on which a case was registered. During the investigation, nine accused were arrested. Some people forcefully get such films produced. A man named Umesh Kamat who was looking after the India operations for the company of business of Raj Kundra was arrested,” he said.
During a detailed investigation, it came to light that Raj Kundra’s company located in Viaan had a tie-up with a London-based company Kenrin that owns mobile application Hotshots. “All nude content created in Mumbai was published on Hotshots, which was operated from Mumbai. After complaints, this app was takedown by Google Play Store and iPhone,” Bharambe said. “After court permission, we searched the offices of Raj Kundra and found a few clips as well. That’s why Raj Kundra and his IT head were arrested.”
Hotshots — the app which was used to publish porn films, its description on stores read, “HD videos & short movies with unmatched exposure” and promised “private content from hot photoshoots, short movies, and experience of the lifestyle of celebrities from all over the world”. Moreover, the app also offered services like live communication with “some of the hottest models around the world” and original content was only accessible for paying subscribers.
Now, Zee News has exclusively accessed bank details that reveal Raj Kundra and his company earned lakhs per day by creating and publishing porn on Hotshots. Check details below:
Here’s the detail of the bank account and the money transferred in the last few months:
– On December 22, 2020, Rs 3 lakh was transferred HotHit account in XX790 account. – On December 25, 2020, Rs 1 lakh was transferred from the HotHit account in the XX790 account.
– On December 26, 2020, Rs 10 lakh was transferred from HotHit account in XX790 account.
– On December 28, 2020, Rs 50,000 was transferred from the HotHit account in the XX790 account.
– On 3rd January, 2 lakh 5 thousand rupees was transferred from the HotHit account in XX790 account.
– On January 10, Rs 3 lakh was transferred from the HotHit account in the XX790 account.
– On January 13, Rs 2 lakh was transferred from the HotHit account in the XX790 account.
– On January 20, Rs 1 lakh was transferred from the HotHit account in the XX790 account.
– On January 23, Rs 95,000 was transferred from the HotHit account in the XX790 account.
– On February 3, Rs 2 lakh 70 thousand was transferred from the HotHit account in XX790 account.
Meanwhile, Raj Kundra, who was arrested late Monday night in the soft pornography case, has been sent to police custody till July 23.
(With inputs from ANI)