It was announced that there would be 8 suburban services, 4 each between Nerul and Kharkopar & Belapur and Kharkopar.
Earlier, the Central Railway resumed its special suburban services, which were halted in March due to the COVID-19 outbreak, from June 15 on the main, harbour and trans-harbour lines for essential services staff, including government employees and police personnel. But, it had not re-started any service on the Belapur/Nerul-Kharkopar line (fourth corridor).
Below are the timings of suburban train services in the Nerul/Belapur-Kharkopar section:
- Nerul dep 08.45 hrs Kharkopar arr 09.05 hrs
- Kharkopar dep 09.15 hrs Nerul arr 09.35 hrs
- Nerul dep 17.45 hrs Kharkopar arr 18.05 hrs
- Kharkopar dep 18.15 hrs Nerul arr 18.35 hrs
- Belapur dep 09.32 hrs Kharkopar arr 09.50 hrs
- Kharkopar dep 10.00 hrs Belapur arr 10.18 hrs
- Belapur dep 18.32 hrs Kharkopar arr 18.50 hrs
- Kharkopar dep 19.00 hrs Belapur arr 19.18 hrs
In addition to these 8 new services, the number of suburban services on the Central Railway routes will also increase to 1,580 by November 20. Currently, the Central Railway runs 1572 suburban services daily on the mainline, harbour line, and Trans-harbour line.
In a statement, the Central Railway said, “Except for categories as identified by the State Government of Maharashtra and as approved by the Ministry of Railways, others are requested not to rush to the stations.”
It also advised passengers to adhere to all norms and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to COVID-19 while travelling in trains.
(With agency inputs)