“Apple crumb pie makes use of seasonal apples, store-bought or selfmade pie crust and a scrumptious crumb topping. Apple pie is the enduring all-American Thanksgiving dessert,” mentioned Jessica Robinson, AFarmgirlsKitchen.com meals blogger, two-time cookbook writer and homesteader dwelling in North Carolina.
Robinson recommends making the crumb topping and selfmade pie crust (for those who’re doing the made-from-scratch route) forward of time and refrigerating in a single day.
THANKSGIVING INDULGENCE CAN INCLUDE THIS DELICIOUS GLUTEN-FREE DESSERT RECIPE: ‘AUTHENTIC AND LIGHT’
“Slicing your apples uniform sizes will assist it bake evenly,” she mentioned, including that she loves a mix of Granny Smith apples together with one other selection resembling Honeycrisp, Macoun, or McIntosh for the perfect flavors.
Get her full recipe beneath.
Apple Crumb Pie by Jessica Robinson of AFarmgirlsKitchen.com
Prep time: 20 minutes
Prepare dinner time: 1 hour
SIMPLIFY YOUR THANKSGIVING SPREAD WITH THESE 1-PAN SIDE DISH DELIGHTS
For crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (softened)
For Apple Crumb Pie:
- 5-7 giant apples (cored, peeled and sliced) (Granny Smith and Honeycrisp)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (alter primarily based on how tart your apples are)
- 1/4 cup prompt tapioca
- 3/4 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon floor nutmeg
- Do-it-yourself or retailer purchased pie crust
- Egg and water or milk for egg wash
Crumb Topping instructions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Use your fingers to include the butter. Alter the cinnamon to your liking.
2. Cowl the bowl with plastic wrap and place into the fridge as you put together your pie.
‘BEST HOMEMADE’ THANKSGIVING TURKEY GRAVY THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE: TRY THE RECIPE
Apple Crumble Pie instructions:
1. Put together the pie crust if you’re making selfmade pie crust. Refrigerate for a number of hours or in a single day.
2. In a big bowl, use a big spoon or rubber spatula to stir collectively the apples with lemon juice, sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and nutmeg till mixed. Put aside.
3. On a frivolously floured work floor, roll out the underside crust barely bigger in diameter than your baking dish. Gently place the pie crust into the pan frivolously, utilizing your fingers. Use kitchen shears to trim the perimeters of the crust, to about ¾-inch previous the pan rim.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
4. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the apple filling into the pie crust. Discard the remaining lemon juice.
5. Trim the perimeters of pie crust with kitchen shears and roll underneath the crust. Crimp along with your fingers or press with a fork.
6. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apples.
7. Brush the pie crust edges with an egg wash which is often comprised of 1 egg with one tablespoon of liquid (water or milk) overwhelmed till clean.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
8. Place the pie on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. It will assist catch any juices that run over the perimeters of the pie plate.
9. Place in a preheated, 400-degree-Farenheit oven for 1 hour. The crust will likely be golden brown and the filling effervescent up across the edges of the crust.
10. Half approach by baking, cowl the pie with a chunk of aluminum foil the place you’ve minimize a gap within the middle. It will assist the pie proceed cooking, however let steam escape so your pie crust doesn’t grow to be soggy. It will forestall the perimeters of the pie crust from turning into too brown.
11. Let cool for a minimum of an hour or two earlier than slicing. It will enable the pie filling to set.
For extra Way of life articles, go to www.foxnews.com/way of life.