Thanksgiving is ostensible to be for feasting; a following days are ostensible to be, if not for fasting, during least, for only feasting on a same aged leftovers.
Not so fast. There’s a leftover turkey recipe so good you’ll never demeanour during that roasted bird a same ever again. You will merely see it as a vessel for destiny creamy, comforting goodness. Can we even? Sure can, and certain f*cking will, y’all. Turkey tetrazzini is where it’s at, and it’s lit.
Now, we might be thinking, Why not only make this on Thanksgiving day? To that we contend with a certainty and blink of Elle Woods, “Trust me. You’ll wish leftover turkey for this.” After all, a basting and oven cunning that goes into a all-American Macy’s Thanksgiving Day™ plate provides a ideal volume of juicy oomph to what could differently be a flattering blasé cube of meat. You’ll wish a spices and stuffing change baked into a casserole. It adds texture. (Blame thriving amounts of Food Network immoderate for that phrase.) You’ll also wish an assembly to share a lush decline that is leftover turkey baked with breadcrumbs, cream, cheese, and spaghetti. Have them hang around for a few days, even. This recipe, which comes true from my mother, tastes even improved a day after we make it. It is, overtly and truly, a turkey recipe that keeps on giving. That is, until, it’s all gone. Savor responsibly.
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of uninformed thyme
- 1/4 crater of belligerent nutmeg
- 2 cups of duck broth
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 crater of complicated cream
- 1 crater of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups of baked leftover turkey, diced
- 0.5 lbs. of spaghetti, cooked
- 1 crater of peas, cooked
- 3/4 crater of breadcrumbs
- Cooked bacon and/or sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees; douse a 3-quart stew plate with olive or canola oil.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of butter and all of a olive oil in a vast saucepan with minced garlic. If regulating baked bacon/mushrooms, supplement them to the saucepan and saute for 5 minutes. Use a removal ladle to mislay baked bacon/mushrooms and set aside.
- Add in flour to butter and oil and prepare until it bubbles. Add thyme and nutmeg.
- Whisk in gas and milk; move to a boil, afterwards simmer; spin down the heat.
- Whisk in cream and cheese until a cheese melts.
- Add turkey (and, if using, baked bacon/mushrooms), blending well.
- Toss baked spaghetti in the saucepan.
- Mix in a peas before transferring a reduction to a stew dish.
- Melt a additional 2 tablespoons of butter over a stew and brew in breadcrumbs, powdering a tip of a stew with additional breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until preferred crispiness.