Cellulite Selfies Are the Latest Instagram Trend to Promote Body Positivity

Say what we wish about Instagram and a mostly disastrous effects on self-respect (we won’t repudiate that it can be severe scrolling by pics of impossibly flawless selfies), though if we hunt in a right places, you’ll find that amicable media has indeed been one of a best things to occur for a physique positivity movement.

Take for instance, a latest viral trend, #CelluliteSaturday. The hashtag was started to foster cellulite acceptance, and mostly photos are accompanied by stats about upwards of 90% (!!!) of women carrying cellulite somewhere on their bodies, to that we contend a shrill and resounding yaaassss.

We’ve dull adult a faves of a cellulite selfie movement, so take a demeanour subsequent if we wish a critical mood boost.

Just some celluli-love from me and my lady 🐶💜 Remember that your thigh constellations are enchanting ✨ Remember that your swell rolls are pleasing 👙 Remember that all a ‘flaws’ we see when we demeanour in a counterpart are illusions – you’ve been duped into saying them that approach so that people can distinction from your self hatred. No seriously, cellulite wasn’t even a ‘condition’ until someone realised they could sell a heal to it, it was (and still is), a normal transformation of womanlike flesh. So stone those polka dots with pride! Embrace that swell squish! Refuse to let anyone sell we shit (that doesn’t work) to repair your physique (that doesn’t need fixing). You are flawless. 💜💙💚🌈🌞

A print posted by Megan Jayne Crabbe 🐼 (@bodyposipanda) on Nov 21, 2016 during 11:47am PST

Ate tacos and travel corn during foolish hours of a night with @hklaire6 and woke adult feeling bloated. Usually, that would make me feel bleh about myself and set me adult for a bad physique picture day. we pronounced fuck that we gotta use what we evangelise and put on my @437swimwear bikini (I’m a center in tip and bottom though a tip is too small). It’s easy to forget that a lady on a left also looks like a lady on a right when you’re scrolling by amicable media. NO ONE is ideal and we all have a “flaws and imperfections”. But they’re what make us singular and what make us, us. Don’t feel bad if we have cellulite, widen marks, additional skin, rolls, what ever a fuck… since it’s normal and we all have it. My legs are lonesome in cellulite. My donkey is lonesome in widen marks. we get stomach rolls when we sit. My donkey flaps when we walk. It’s normal, dude. Completely, 100% normal. Don’t ever let anyone make we feel like it’s not or that you’re any “less” for carrying these things. #slimthick #thickfit #bodypositivity #bodiposi #cellulitesaturday Inspired by @omgkenzieee and @elizabethzaks 🙌🏻 Yes my counterpart is dirty, I’m like… so aware. But when we have dual dogs who seem to be preoccupied with their reflections and somewhat narcissistic, they lick it. And we don’t have an unconstrained supply of windex so close adult about it and purify ur possess counterpart ok. Thank u. #windexsponsorme

A print posted by Arianna Dantone (@ariannadantone) on Nov 19, 2016 during 10:24am PST

If she can have pieces of cellulite SO CAN YOUUUUU 😍😍😍😍 90% of women have it. It isn’t an denote of health, it is a informative direct and expectancy we put on women to have thin, smooth, light, immature looking bodies. It isn’t anything to be ashamed of. It isn’t anything for we to hide. You can go forward and adore yourself now ☺️💞✨ #cellulitesaturday #cellfie #loveyourself #marilynmonroe #wasaboss

A print posted by Kenzie Brenna (@omgkenzieee) on Nov 19, 2016 during 7:31am PST

Happy #cellulitesaturday 🙌🏼💕 Do we know since we post photos like these? Why I’m not fearful to take photos in my underwear? Because we can usually suppose how my life would have been different, as a immature girl, had we seen some-more women’s bodies that looked like this. Not only my physique type, though ALL physique types. More bodies that were healthy and unphotoshopped. Bodies that were real, not manipulated by a media and by computers and FaceTune programs. Bodies that told me in their certainty and unashamed smash that they were loved. ❤️ 💕 THAT is since I’m not fearful to uncover a approach my physique rolls or dimples or squishes, since my physique is ideally imperfect. (And if we don’t follow my home lady @omgkenzieee and her #cellulitesaturday movement, we need to, she is an #embracethesquish QUEEN and she gives me life 🙌🏼)

A print posted by Gina ✌🏻️ (@nourishandeat) on Nov 19, 2016 during 2:25pm PST

Love a skin you’re in! – @notoriouslydapper #Repost from @deegetsstronger No filters, no edits, no sucking in, no nothing. Just pound dab in a center of some good ol’ “flaw” display sunlight. Lighting can entirely change how someone looks; and contingency are, many of a women we know have had their cinema taken in lighting that hides their “flaws” a most, out of possibly distrust or shame. But existence is, a immeasurable infancy of women have cellulite, scars or widen outlines on their bodies. It’s in a biology, and it’s simply how a bodies are meant to grow, slim down and store fat. Diet industries and open total have caused such a stir about how a bodies “should” demeanour like, that we’ve mislaid how to welcome ourselves as we naturally are. We’ve got a minds so rapped adult into looking like one sold body, that we’ve mislaid unwavering of how unfit it is for dual bodies to be accurately alike. Our possess damn bodies don’t even demeanour a same via a lengths of a day, nonetheless we’re still descending for a amicable ideal that simply can’t be met? To adore yourself as we are, and pierce towards a improved you, we have learn some-more about yourself and your physique first. It takes time, and it takes strength, and we will have your downfalls, though we guarantee you, there is no larger feeling than embracing yourself for who we truly are💕 #cellulitesaturday

A print posted by 👙EFF YOUR BEAUTY STANDARDS™👊🏼 (@effyourbeautystandards) on Oct 9, 2016 during 2:56pm PDT

В Инстаграме появился хэштег #CelluliteSaturday, вдохновляющий девушек на выкладывание фото с целлюлитом. Считается, что таким образом девушки будут не так жестоки к своему телу. А как вы считаете, это разумная акция?

A print posted by 300expertov (@300expertov) on Nov 15, 2016 during 2:11am PST

we felt pleasing when we took these pictures. we flounced around in that small immature bikini, holding selfies and feeling a bit like a rockstar. And we still felt pleasing when we acted in a approach that put my #cellulite on uncover for #cellulitesaturday. But I’ve been meditative a lot about physique positivity recently and we wish to highlight something too: we don’t *always* have to feel beautiful. Women are told their beauty matters above all else, and that this beauty should demeanour a certain way. we adore that a physique certain transformation hurdles a clarification of beauty, though we also conclude a posts that highlight that looks shouldn’t be so goddamn critical in a initial place. There are a innumerable of reasons we should feel good about yourself that have hunker to do with your looks. So here’s to feeling pleasing on some days, and ideally typical a next.✨✨✨ . . . . . . . . . #selflove#bopowarrior#bodyposi#bodypositivity#embracethesquish#everyBODYisbeautiful#thisiswhatfitlookslike#bodylove#realrecovery#beyourself#recovery#shareyourspark#daretobedifferent#nonairbrushedme#girlsthatlift#thickthighs#bodyimage#effyourbeautystandards#allwomenproject#feminism#feminist#body4me#lovemymiddle

A print posted by natalia valentyne (@nataliavalentyne) on Nov 19, 2016 during 12:53pm PST

GOOD MORNINGGGG ✨☀️🌎 So, currently is #cellulitesaturday 💆💜 Let’s speak stats ok? These are flattering furious to me. 42% of girls in class 1-3 wish to be thinner 💔 78 fucking % of 17 year aged girls are unfortunate with their bodies 💔 “Teenage girls are some-more fearful of gaining weight afterwards removing cancer, losing their relatives or chief war.” 😖😖😖 In 2013 a American Medical Association combined a process that unequivocally didn’t go anywhere, saying that a effects of digitally altering images to susceptible girl were so damaging they means HEALTH PROBLEMS. I’m not fucking creation this shit adult people. And did it do anything? Nope. That’s since charity adult my #realbody, unedited, unfiltered for we to demeanour at, for trolls to slice apart, is critical since we have LITERALLY FORGOTTEN WHAT REAL BODIES LOOK LIKE. To quote WIKIPEDIA “cellulite occurs in 80-90% of women, a prevalent medical condition is that it’s ‘merely a normal condition of many women.'” 👏NORMAL. It’s fucking NORMAL.👏 With stats above it drives me so tough so that approach my destiny daughters and sons grow adult with some-more genuine images of bodies around them than we did. To urge their mental and earthy health isn’t as influenced as cave was. #fuckyeahhhhh #thisbody #celluliteisokay #bodyconfidence #nobodyshame #recovery #bodyimage #bodyimageissues #cellulite

A print posted by Kenzie Brenna (@omgkenzieee) on Oct 22, 2016 during 6:34am PDT

You must be logged in to post a comment Login